Tuesday, July 9, 2019
|Back To Press Releases Print|
Posted by Cindy Chadwick - (318) 681-0666
Eight people were recently cited for the illegal sale of alcohol to underage persons during an operation conducted by the Caddo Sheriff’s Youth Services Division, said Sheriff Steve Prator. Twenty-three businesses did not sell.
“As I’ve said many times before, we will continue to come back and check these businesses to make sure they are compliant with our laws and that alcohol is not falling into the hands of children, underage persons, or young drivers,” Prator said. “I commend those businesses and employees who are acting responsibly and warn those who aren’t that they haven’t seen the last of us.”
The following is a list of employees who were issued a summons for violating the law by selling alcohol to a person under the legal age of 21. Also listed are the locations where the violations took place. The operation was conducted on July 3.
1. Pamela Sanchez, 62, JR’s Saloon, 15596 LA Hwy. 1 in Vivian;
2. Bethany Knotts, 20, Daiquiri Express, 5750 North Market Street in Shreveport;
3. Shane Ramsey, 44, Super S, 3910 Roy Road in Shreveport;
4. Cheri Morgan, 54, The Derrick, 6780 Colquitt Road in Keithville;
5. Dealne Edwards, 57, S&A Truck Stop, 12300 Mansfield Road in Keithville;
6. William Hays, 56, Cowhands Saloon, 11623 LA Hwy. 80 in Greenwood;
7. Joe Casiano, 38, Dub’s Texaco, 120 South Pine Street in Vivian; and
8. Sharef Awad, 28, Express Mart Valero, 7965 Old Mooringsport Road in Shreveport.
All eight were cited for selling alcohol to an underage person. For Sanchez, Morgan, and Awad, this was their second offense. Ramsey, Hays, Casiano, and Awad were also cited for not having an ABO card.
Several of the businesses were locations of repeat violations within a calendar year. Those businesses will be addressed by the Caddo Parish Commission, which issues ABO permits. They are The Derrick, Dub’s Texaco, JR’s Saloon, and S&A Truck Stop.
Businesses that were checked but did NOT illegally sell alcohol were:
1. Walmart Supercenter, 4701 Northport Blvd., Shreveport;
2. Walmart Fuel Station, 4701 Northport Blvd., Shreveport;
3. Food Fast #84, 5875 North Market Street, Shreveport;
4. Elsie’s Truck Stop, 7701 LA Hwy. 1, Shreveport;
5. Longwood General Store, 3502 LA Hwy. 169, Mooringsport;
6. The Triangle, 10881 LA Hwy. 1, Mooringsport;
7. E-Z Mart #1, 201 LA Hwy. 1, Oil City;
8. Dollar General, 107 LA Hwy. 1, Oil City;
9. Cash Magic, 14347 LA Hwy. 1, Vivian;
10. 7&7 Food Store, 923 South Pine Street, Vivian;
11. E-Z Mart #2, 201 South Pine Street, Vivian;
12. Magnolia Clubhouse, 22300 LA Hwy. 1, Rodessa;
13. Super S Travel Plaza, 6950 Mira Myrtis Road, Ida;
14. Relay Station, 10281 LA Hwy. 1, Shreveport;
15. First and Last Stop, 10277 Linwood Avenue, Shreveport;
16. Stonewall Beverage Company, 12800 Mansfield Road, Keithville;
17. Crawdaddy’s, 12298 Mansfield Road, Keithville;
18. Southside Saloon, 12770 Mansfield Road, Keithville;
19. General Store, 6230 Colquitt Road, Keithville;
20. Triple J Travel Plaza, 8311 Springridge Texas State Line Road, Keithville;
21. Lickskillet Liquor, 10106 US Hwy. 79, Bethany;
22. Relay Station, 9110 US Hwy. 79, Bethany; and
23. Tobacco Country, 11590 US Hwy. 80, Greenwood.
For questions regarding this press release, please contact Cindy Chadwick at (318) 681-0666